Sunday, March 26, 2006

Illo Friday - Monster (2)

I felt like a break from all those motherhood drawings I've been doing (here and here), so I thought I would return to this week's Illo Friday topic for another go at that monster theme. This is from a doodle I was doing in my sketchbook.
Pen, Ink, & GIMP.

And the original sketch...
Pen & Ink Wash

Maybe this is just why I do so many B&W images... I think I prefer the B&W sketch over the colorized one. Then again, I am still learning how to use GIMP to add color/depth to my drawings. Maybe when I get better at that, I will like those versions of my drawings more.


Back to the full blog...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

both are great. the colored version is very intense, and to be honest kind of freaked me out (but then again i'm looking at monster drawings alone in the dark). i usually prefer black and white too, but i love him in teal!

HARDWAX said...

Black and whites, nice, but I definitely like to see his fine teal color, scary but kinda cute in a monster kind of way.

carla said...

He looks like a monster Buddha! I love the folds of ski, the blue tones, and the sharp claws on one hand!