Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Alien Children's Story Sketches

Back in 2001, I wrote this children's story about an alien. But I just couldn't find the right alien character illustration for my story. I finally abandoned the project after several months, but I took it up again today. This is how my main character, Allaboo, looked when I left him...

Pen and GIMP.

Here are some old sketches, new sketches, and a possible new version of my Allaboo...


Some old sketches - Pen and Colored Pencil.


Some new sketches - Pen.



A new Allaboo? - Pen & GIMP.


Here is another potential character...
Pen & GIMP


Back to the full blog...

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I like the first one. I mean, that has been the face of my Allaboo for years now, so I have a soft spot for it. But I have been toying with the idea (for some time now) that it would be more effective to have the alien have the most human looking eyes, and make the human children in my story be more stylized. After all, the hero of the story is the alien. So now I am liking my possible new Allaboo. I was kind of playing with a new texture/style for the artwork with the new Allaboo too.

Teddi said...

My favorite is the first Allaboo. I like the simplicity and Allaboo looks sweet. In the new one I think he's a little scary.