Friday, July 18, 2008

Photography skills?

I can't believe I would have been soon pushing a year since my last post.  Outrageous!  Well, I've been so distracted from my art what with having a baby and moving overseas.  I had hoped that I would be able to devote myself full time to my artwork once I got here, but no, it's pretty much the same as in the States.  We still can't afford that much childcare.  So the only art I'm really doing a lot of is photography, by necessity.  I'm compulsively documenting our stay here in Penang, and spending hours upon hours trying to keep up with the photo editing so I can keep sending photos home, and so I don't end up with several thousand unedited photos when our year here is up.  Anyway, on a recent excursion, I snapped these shots.  I'm working to increase the drama in my photos a smidge.  Enjoy!
I'm not sure why, but blogger seems to make my photos much darker.  That first one especially.  I can't figure it out.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hi Elisabeth-
Was trying to find the Whats Up With G&E Blog and came across this one. I like the photos, especially the ocean/boat ones that you desaturated. The clouds look really cool in those. Last time I was in Penang I really wanted to get some photos of Komtar. The shuttered shops, the fluorescent lighting, the totally indecipherable maps . . . it seemed like a deserted alien spacecraft.