Saturday, March 07, 2009

Free Art!! (and other news)

Ok, so I'm feeling a resurgence of inspiration and urgency to restart my art. I think I'm going to start offering custom art pieces for sale here, and to get me going with that I've decided to offer five lucky people free portraits drawn from their photographs. So send in your photographs! It doesn't matter if I do or don't know you, if you're a stranger, commenter, lurker, family, friend, just send in your photo and I will choose five from the batch.  The deadline to get those photos in is Friday, March 13th.  This time Friday the 13th is a lucky day!

Notes about the photos you send:
Make sure you send something of reasonably good quality and clarity. My choices will be semi random, but will also be based on which of the photos I feel will be good candidates for drawing. Classic portraits are generally better if they have simple backgrounds and show mostly just the upper torso and face of the subject. Faces generally should be forward or on a 3/4 angle. Not that I won't accept photos that stray from this formula, but I am more likely to choose the classic shots.

Good luck!


Other news:
I now have a Flickr for all of my art work. So far it shows the exact same images that you can see here, but if you are more of a Flickr person, feel free to subscribe there instead. You will miss my discussion here, if I have any, or news bits like this, but you will have access to all of the images. I'm still deciding if I want to do something extra there that I don't do here. For now, one of the main benefits for checking out my Flickr is all of the sets I've created.

Let's say you're a really big fan of my drawings and paintings but are just not interested in my photography. Well, you can subscribe to just this set:
Boat
DRAWINGS AND PAINTINGS



Let's say you are only interested in my night photography:
Dancing at Atlantis
NIGHT/LOW LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY



You can check out all of my sets here and my photostream here.

No comments: